Mi chiamo Tiziana e sono una formatrice, musicoterapeuta e insegnante di musica Italiana. Vivo a Londra dal 2015.
I grew up in a family of musicians and teachers and since I can remember, I always loved to share with other people my passions and my experience. That’s how I became a teacher.
If I think about the most important thing that I’ve learnt in the last years in my profession, I can say that “SHARING” has definitely become my leitmotif.
When I started studying music education, I met music mentors and teachers that were not so keen on actually sharing strategies and secrets of our work and I said to myself “If you’ll ever become a music mentor, you’re not going to be like them!”.
I kept that in my mind and in my heart and in these years of research, I met wonderful people that showed me other ways of thinking and living the job as a teacher trainer and I started trying new strategies during my classes and courses, letting go of fears, envy and jealousy.
Sharing is what characterises my work now. With sharing comes happiness, connection, learning, fun and love.
ASCOLTO, MOVIMENTO E VOCE. Questi sono i tre elementi che caratterizzano il mio approccio alla musica e all'educazione musicale.
I’ve always liked to work with people, children, students and families. A person that likes to be surrounded by many voices, energies, ideas… that’s definitely who I am.
Seven years ago I ran my first workshop for teachers in Venezuela and from that moment I kept travelling in Europe, South America and North Africa for my training courses.
Italian is my first language but I also speak English and Spanish. I’m currently learning British Sign Language, which I use during my music sessions with deaf students, and Portuguese.
Nel 2019, insieme al mio compagno Sam, ho fondato Music Tree, a music school in North London, where together with a wonderful group of teachers, we share our passion for music by teaching to people of all ages. For Music Tree, I also organise workshops and courses for teachers and my online International Training Course, Music Learning Tree.
Qualcosa in più su di me
- In 2008, I graduated in piano at the Music Conservatoire in Venice.
- Nel 2011 completo con 110 e lode il diploma di specializzazione in Musicoterapia presso la scuola Giovanni Ferrari – Jean Monnet Universite” Europeenne A.I.S.B.L. Bruxelles in Padua with a thesis on cognitive enhancement through music and the movement in cases of learning disabilities.
- Meanwhile, I specialised in the development of children and their natural understanding of music. I attended courses in Italy and abroad, becoming a certified teacher of the Audiation Institute, enabling me to teach according to Gordon’s Music Learning Theory.
- Nel 2008, fondo Musicalmente – Centro per la formazione musicale e culturale in my hometown. It focused on music learning for children from 0-10 years old.
- In the same year, I discovered body music and mastered its performance, teaching and therapeutic potential by studying in different parts of Europe and South America.
- Nel 2010 inizio a fare improvvisazione teatrale! Che meraviglia!
- Since 2013 I run workshops, courses and research about the use of body percussion, circle music and Soundpainting in education and therapy.
- In 2014, she moved to Alicante, Spain to coordinate a music project at an infant school ‘Trazos y Rayajos’, whilst attending a Research Masters at the Faculty of Education at the University of Alicante.
- In 2015 I started the collaboration with Creative Futures and University College London for various research projects. I’m part of the research group Music and Cognition.
- Nel 2017, insieme al mio compagno, fondo Music Tree, la nostra scuola di musica a Londra.
- Nel 2018, io e Marta Noè fondiamo, Gordon UK – a research and training project about the Music Learning Theory of Edwin E.Gordon
Attualmente sto scrivendo un libro e spero di riuscire a fare un viaggio bello lungo per portare un pò di musica a dei bambini meno fortunati dei nostri.