My name is Tiziana and I am an Italian music educator and music therapist living in London*.
Six years ago I ran my first workshop for teachers in Venezuela and from that moment I kept travelling in Europe, South America and North Africa for my courses for teachers.
I also run my own music school in London, Music tree, in collaboration with my partner Sam West.
Italian is my first language but I also speak English and Spanish. I’m currently learning British Sign Language, which I use during my music sessions with deaf students.
LISTENING, MOVEMENT, VOICE are the three elements that characterised my approach to music and music education.
A bit more about me
That’s me… in the middle there! That’s my favourite place! I’ve always liked to work with people, children, students, families. A persone that likes to be surrounded by many voices, energies, ideas… that’s definitely who I am.
I grow up in a family of musicians and teachers and since I can remember, I always loved to share with other people my passions and my experience. That’s how I became a teacher.
- In 2008, I graduated in pianoforte from the Music Conservatoire in Venice.
- In 2011 I completed a diploma specialising in Music Therapy from Giovanni Ferrari – Jean Monnet Universite” Europeenne A.I.S.B.L. Bruxelles in Padua with a thesis on cognitive enhancement through music and the movement in cases of learning disabilities.
- Meanwhile, I specialised in the development of children and their natural understanding of music. I attended courses in Italy and abroad, becoming a certified teacher of the Audiation Institute, enabling me to teach through the ‘Music Learning Theory’ of E.E. Gordon.
- In 2008 I founded Musicalmente – Centro per la formazione musicale e culturale in my hometown. This was the first centre of its kind which focused on music learning for children from 0-10 years old.
- In the same year, I discovered the body music and mastered its performance, teaching and therapeutic potential. I also carried out research in the field of education and therapy.
- In 2010 I started improv theatre! I love it!
- Since 2013 I run workshops and courses about the use body percussion, circle music and Soundpainting in education and therapy.
- In 2014, she moved to Alicante, Spain to coordinate a music project at an infant school ‘Trazos y Rayajos’, whilst attending a Research Masters at the Faculty of Education at the University of Alicante.
- In 2015 I move where I started the collaboration with Creative Futures and University College London for various research projects. I’m part of the research group Music and Cognition.
- In 2017 I co-founded Music Tree, a music school in London.
- In 2018 Marta Noé and I founded Gordon UK – a research and training project about the Music Learning Theory of Edwin E.Gordon
* I trained in Music Therapy in Italy and I’m not registered at the HCPC in the UK.